A Web site for young people affected by bleeding disorders. Come inside and become part of the Youthworld community:
NHF Youthworld is brought to you by the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) through its National Prevention Program (NPP). In 1999, NHF kicked off its National Prevention Program with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). NPP’s theme is “Do the 5,” five key strategies for living a longer and healthier life.
- Get an annual comprehensive checkup at a hemophilia treatment center
- Get vaccinated-Hepatitis A and B are preventable
- Treat bleeds early and adequately
- Exercise and maintain a healthy weight to protect your joints
- Get tested regularly for blood-borne infections
Founded in 1948, NHF makes an important difference in the lives of people and families with bleeding disorders. It has a national presence, chapters throughout the country, and a large communications network bringing healthcare professionals and consumers the latest bleeding disorders news.